Precious readers, I am working on getting all my ducks in a row, as they say.
This post is a quick status update re: this blog and my personal creative (ad)ventures.
It has been a bit slow on this blog for the past few months. You may have noticed. Full confession: I’m rethinking the blog almost entirely, but slowly. What I mean is, I’ve been rethinking but not redoing, as of yet. So maybe something interesting will happen to it in the future—that fabled future—you know the one—the one in which I have “more free time” and “more energy to spend” on such a project. I’m sure you are all awaiting the same future.
Let me reassure you, though, that in the present my real life feels artful. Maybe I’ve just been living the dream instead of blogging it. Some exciting things that I’m currently involved in are
- designing a book jacket,
- redesigning a website for a local religious community (lots of copy-writing on my end, and consultation with the team),
- working full-time (building e-books!) and doing some freelance publishing work,
- singing in an adorable little choir,
- organizing a weekly study/discussion group,
- doing some occasional creative writing (for funzies!), and
- writing a graduate project report (essentially a thesis without the oral defense). Yikes, this is the big one.
I’m terribly lucky and grateful to be doing so many things that I love, but, as you can imagine, this stuff adds up; my time and energy are naturally being channeled in these directions.
I’m not giving up on blogging, don’t worry. In fact, I intend to blog about each of these things as I complete them or as they become public and available in some way. I just wanted to explain why it’s been quiet around here.
I hope you’ve all got exciting things going on too! What kinds of projects do you have in the works? I’d be interested in hearing about them.